The Notecard is a device-to-cloud data pump that reduces the complexity of building connected solutions with secure, reliable cellular. As an embeddable system on module (SoM), the Notecard can be used with any microcontroller for both greenfield and retrofit projects using your own design, or one of our custom designed Notecarriers.
With just two lines of code you can send data to the cloud in minutes, no complex device registration or provisioning required. With a powerful JSON-based API, you can program the Notecard over USB, or control it from your preferred microcontroller or single-board computer using one of our open-source firmware libraries. Connect from your preferred host to the Notecard using Serial or I2C.
The Notecard is designed to work with a cloud service for ingesting and processing device data. Notehub.io provides secure device connectivity, project, and fleet management, and simple routing to 3rd party cloud services. Alternatively, host your own Device service based on our open source reference implementation.
- Integrated Quectel cellular modem.
- Secure element with a factory-installed ECC P-384 certificate provisioned at chip manufacture.
- Integrated GPS and Accelerometer.
- Designed to operate on battery power, be "always-on" to maintain time & location, while typically drawing less than 8µA, when idle.
- Bundled with 10 years and 500MB of cellular data. No cellular subscriptions, SIM fees, or monthly minimums apply.
- PTCRB Certified Module.
Notecarriers are companion development boards designed to make it easy to prototype and deploy IoT solutions with the Notecard.
The Notecarrier-F (CARR-F) is a companion development board designed for quick prototyping with Adafruit Feather-based microcontrollers. It can be used with any Feather-compatible device and includes Qwiic ports for connecting I2C peripherals.
- Adafruit Feather compatible header socket.
- Breadboard compatible Notecard 13-pin header.
- Breadboard compatible 24-pin Adafruit Feather breakout header.
- Notecard edge connector socket and mounting screw receptacle.
- Micro-USB port to power Notecarrier and provide a USB Serial command interface to Notecard.
- External Nano-SIM slot for additional carrier connectivity.
- 2 Qwiic/StemmaQT I2C ports for attaching external peripherals to your project.
- JST PH connector for a LiPo battery.
- JST PH connector for a solar panel.
- JST PH connector for V+
- JST SH 3.3V connector.
- Battery slide switch to disconnect battery when not in use.
- Momentary button connected to Feather B0 pin.
- Front and back pin labels.
- Notecard SoM (on-board SIM, no external SIM required).
- Notecarrier-F with Molex 213353 LTE+GPS antenna
- 2 U.FL connector cables for connecting Cellular and GPS.
- FREE Adafruit ESP32 HUZZAH Development Board in the Feather form-factor.