The Notecard is a device-to-cloud data pump that reduces the complexity of building connected solutions with secure, reliable cellular. As an embeddable system on module (SoM), the Notecard can be used with any microcontroller for both greenfield and retrofit projects using your own design, or one of our custom designed Notecarriers.
With just two lines of code you can send data to the cloud in minutes, no complex device registration or provisioning required. With a powerful JSON-based API, you can program the Notecard over USB, or control it from your preferred microcontroller or single-board computer using one of our open-source firmware libraries. Connect from your preferred host to the Notecard using Serial or I2C.
The Notecard is designed to work with a cloud service for ingesting and processing device data. Notehub.io provides secure device connectivity, project, and fleet management, and simple routing to 3rd party cloud services. Alternatively, host your own Device service based on our open source reference implementation.
Start your cellular development journey now!
For evaluation purposes, the Notecard is meant to be used with Notecarrier. See the Notecarriers section of the shop for options.
- LTE-M, NB-IoT, GSM Notecard SoM (on-board SIM, no external SIM required)
- Integrated Quectel cellular modem.
- Secure element with a factory-installed ECC P-384 certificate provisioned at chip manufacture.
- Integrated GPS and Accelerometer.
- Designed operate on battery power, be "always-on" to maintain time & location, while typically drawing less than 8µA, when idle.
- Bundled with 10-years and 500MB of cellular data. No cellular subscriptions, SIM fees or monthly minimums apply.
- PTCRB Certified Module.
- View the complete datasheet at dev.blues.io.
NOTE-NBGL-500 SKU is designed to be used in the 135+ global markets, including North America and uses Quectel BG-95 M3 modem and can connect to LTE-M, NB-IoT and GSM networks.