We designed the Swan MCU to be the ideal companion to the Notecard and added it to our popular Feather Starter Kit!
The Notecard is a device-to-cloud data pump that reduces the complexity of building connected solutions with secure, reliable cellular. As an embeddable system on module (SoM), you can use the Notecard with any microcontroller for both greenfield and retrofit projects using your own design, or one of our custom-designed Notecarriers.
With just two lines of code you can send data to the cloud in minutes--no complex device registration or provisioning required. With a powerful JSON-based API, you can program the Notecard over USB, or control it from your preferred microcontroller or single-board computer using one of our open-source firmware libraries. Connect from your preferred host to the Notecard using Serial or I2C.
We designed the Notecard to work with a cloud service for ingesting and processing device data. Notehub.io provides secure device connectivity, project and fleet management, and simple routing to 3rd-party cloud services. Alternatively, host your own device service based on our open source reference implementation.
- Integrated Quectel cellular modem.
- Secure element with a factory-installed ECC P-384 certificate provisioned at chip manufacture.
- Integrated GPS and Accelerometer.
- Designed to operate on battery power, be "always-on" to maintain time & location, while typically drawing less than 8µA, when idle.
- Bundled with 10 years and 500MB of cellular data. No cellular subscriptions, SIM fees, or monthly minimums apply.
- PTCRB Certified Module.
Notecarriers are companion development boards designed to make it easy to prototype and deploy IoT solutions with the Notecard.
Notecarriers come in many shapes and sizes to accommodate different needs of developers, and can be used with any Notecard type. Any Notecarrier with an A prefix in its naming has cellular and GPS antennas embedded on the board.
The Notecarrier-AF (CARR-AF) is a companion development board designed for quick prototyping with Adafruit Feather-based microcontrollers. It can be used with any Feather-compatible device and includes embedded cellular and GPS antennas, as well as Grove and Qwiic ports for connecting I2C peripherals.
- Adafruit Feather compatible header socket.
- Breadboard compatible Notecard 13-pin header.
- Breadboard compatible 24-pin Adafruit Feather breakout header.
- Notecard edge connector socket and mounting screw receptacle.
- Micro-USB port to power Notecarrier and provide a USB Serial command interface to Notecard.
- Onboard cellular and active GPS antennas.
- External Nano-SIM slot for additional carrier connectivity.
- 2 Seeed Studio Grove I2C ports for attaching external peripherals to your project.
- JST PH connector for a LiPo battery.
- JST PH connector for a solar panel.
- JST SH 3.3V I2C port (Adafruit STEMMA QT and Sparkfun QWiic compatible).
- Battery slide switch to disconnect battery when not in use.
- Momentary button connected to Feather B0 pin.
- Notecard SoM (on-board SIM, no external SIM required).
- Notecarrier-AF with onboard Cellular and GPS antennas.
- 2 U.FL connector cables for connecting Cellular and GPS.
- Swan Development Board in the Feather form-factor.