The Notecard is a device-to-cloud data pump that reduces the complexity of building connected solutions with secure, reliable, low-power wireless technologies, including Wi-FI! As an embeddable system on module (SoM), the Notecard can be used with any microcontroller for both greenfield and retrofit projects using your own design, or one of our custom designed Notecarriers.
With just two lines of code you can send data to the cloud in minutes, no complex device registration or provisioning required. With a powerful JSON-based API, you can program the Notecard over USB, or control it from your preferred microcontroller or single-board computer using one of our open-source firmware libraries. Connect from your preferred host to the Notecard using Serial or I2C.
The Notecard is designed to work with a cloud service for ingesting and processing device data. Notehub.io provides secure device connectivity, project, and fleet management, and simple routing to 3rd party cloud services. Alternatively, host your own Device service based on our open source reference implementation.
Start your wireless development journey now!
For evaluation purposes, the Notecard is meant to be used with Notecarrier. See the Notecarriers section of the shop for options.
- Wi-Fi Notecard SoM
- Integrated Silicon Labs Wi-Fi Transceiver.
- Secure element with a factory-installed ECC P-384 certificate provisioned at chip manufacture.
- Designed to operate on battery power, be "always-on" to maintain time & location, while typically drawing less than 8µA, when idle.
- Battery-powered Wi-Fi without the complexity of managing connections, queues, or storage.
- Utilizes an extremely thin cloud infrastructure that directly routes your data to where it belongs: AWS, Azure, GCS, or your own cloud.
- Data routing and simple "no code/low code" visual data stream analysis through Notehub.io (SaaS), or host and integrate Notehub functionality into your own app (OSS).
- View the complete datasheet at dev.blues.io.